Mr. István Avar, who has been managing director of all companies of the OWI Group since January 1, 1988 and has therefore been responsible for over 30 years, will be dismissed as managing director on 01.05.2018.
István Avar, born in April 1951, fled as a child with his parents and four siblings in 1956 from the Hungarian uprisings to Essen in North Rhine-Westphalia. After his school education and military service, he studied wood technology in Rosenheim. The graduated engineer became managing director at OWI in Lohr am Main in 1988 after various professional activities in the wood industry. The married father with two grown-up children has also been managing director of the OWI subsidiary in Hungary OWI ZALA BT since 1993.
After more than 30 years as technical director, the 67-year-old retires from operations and overall responsibility, but continues to provide the company with his great expertise and experience in a reduced scope.
• born on 27.04.1951 in Hungary
• 1956 flight to Germany, raised in Essen
• married, 2 children, living in Lohr am Main
• 1973 to 1977 study of wood technology at the FH Rosenheim
• 1977 to 1978 Head of cabinet furniture production Fa. Bähre in Springe
• 1978 to 1985 technical director Fa. Otto Bosse in Stadthagen
• 1985 to 1988 technical director Fa. Moralt in Oettingen
• 1988 Managing Director at OWI in Lohr am Main
• 1993 Managing Director of OWI Zala Bt. In Hungary
Matthias Fischer, born in 1973, who has been working for OWI since 1998, apart from a two-and-a-half-year break, will be appointed Managing Director of all three German OWI companies from 01.05.2018. The married, two-time family man studied wood technology at the FH in Rosenheim. In 1998, Matthias Fischer became assistant to the management at OWI in Lohr am Main. From 2001 to 2004 the graduated engineer worked in the wood industry in Norway. In 2004 he returned to the Spessart and directed the export.
• born on 24.02.1973 grew up in Fellen
• married, 2 children, living in Wernfeld
• Studied wood technology at the FH Rosenheim
• 1998 Degree in Mechanical Engineering (FH)
• 1998 sales engineer at Möhringer (sawmill machines)
• 1998 to 2001 assistant to the management at OWI
• Technical Manager at Combi Craft AS in Svarstad / Norway from 2001 to 2004
• 01.05.2004 until today Export Sales Manager at OWI